Zoo Miami is a zoological park and garden in Miami, Florida. It is the largest zoo in Florida and the only sub-tropical zoo in the continental United States. The zoo is home to over 2,500 animals representing 400 species from around the world.
Zoo Miami is open every day of the year, except for Christmas Day. Admission prices are as follows:
- Adults: $22.95
- Children (3-12): $18.95
- Children under 2: Free
The zoo offers a variety of exhibits, including:
- Amazon and Beyond: This exhibit features animals from the Amazon rainforest, such as jaguars, tapirs, and sloths.
- Australia: This exhibit features animals from Australia, such as koalas, kangaroos, and emus.
- Asia: This exhibit features animals from Asia, such as tigers, elephants, and orangutans.
- Africa: This exhibit features animals from Africa, such as lions, giraffes, and rhinos.
In addition to its exhibits, Zoo Miami also offers a variety of programs and activities for visitors, such as:
- Safari Cycle: Visitors can rent a safari cycle to explore the zoo at their own pace.
- Tram Tour: Visitors can take a tram tour of the zoo to learn more about the animals and the zoo’s conservation efforts.
- Animal Encounters: Visitors can participate in an animal encounter to get up close and personal with some of the zoo’s animals.
Zoo Miami is also known for its unique exhibits and experiences, such as:
- Conservation Action Center: This indoor interactive exhibit teaches visitors about the importance of conservation and how they can help protect animals in the wild.
- Florida: Mission Everglades: This exhibit features animals from the Florida Everglades, such as alligators, crocodiles, and panthers. Visitors can take a boat tour of the exhibit to learn more about the Everglades ecosystem.
- Wings of Asia Aviary: This walk-through aviary features over 300 birds from Asia, including parrots, peacocks, and hornbills.
- Critter Connection: This interactive exhibit allows visitors to learn about and interact with a variety of small animals, such as snakes, lizards, and turtles.
Zoo Miami also offers a variety of seasonal events and activities, such as:
- Zoo Boo: This annual Halloween event features trick-or-treating, animal encounters, and other spooky fun.
- Zoo Lights: This annual holiday event features over two million lights and decorations, as well as animal encounters, live entertainment, and more.
- Farmers’ Market: This weekly farmers’ market features fresh produce, baked goods, and other artisanal goods from local vendors.
Here are some additional unique exhibits and experiences at Zoo Miami:
- Animal feeding: Visitors can feed animals such as giraffes, lorikeets, and penguins.
- Keeper talks and demonstrations: Visitors can learn more about the animals from the zoo’s keepers.
- Behind-the-scenes tours: Visitors can take a behind-the-scenes tour to learn more about the zoo’s operations and to see animals that are not on public display.
- Special events: Zoo Miami hosts a variety of special events throughout the year, such as concerts, festivals, and educational programs.
One of the things that makes Zoo Miami so unique is its commitment to conservation. The zoo is home to over 130 species that are at risk in the wild. Zoo Miami supports conservation efforts by participating in breeding programs, conducting research, and educating the public about the importance of conservation.
Zoo Miami is a great place to learn about animals from all over the world and to see them up close. It is also a great place to support conservation efforts.
Zoo Miami is a unique and exciting zoo that offers something for everyone. With its wide variety of exhibits, programs, and activities, Zoo Miami is a great place to learn about animals from all over the world and to see them up close. The zoo is also committed to conservation, and it supports conservation efforts by participating in breeding programs, conducting research, and educating the public.
Whether you are looking for a fun and educational day out with the family or a chance to support conservation efforts, Zoo Miami is a great place to visit.
Zoo Miami is located at 12400 SW 152nd St, Miami, FL 33177, USA.