New York City might be a concrete jungle, but that doesn’t mean your furry friend has to miss out on al fresco dining. Luckily, this city’s love affair with pups extends beyond Central Park walks, with an abundance of restaurants welcoming both you and your four-legged companion with open arms (and water bowls).
Craving a post-hike brunch with Fido by your side? Yearning for a rooftop sunset serenaded by canine chatter? Buckle up, paw-rents, because Time Out is dishing on the best dog-friendly restaurants with patios in NYC:
- Barking Dog: This Upper East Side hotspot is practically synonymous with canine cuisine. Boasting a spacious backyard patio and a dog-friendly menu (including pupcakes!), it’s a haven for social butterflies with wet noses.
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que: This Williamsburg BBQ joint isn’t just for humans. Their Chelsea and Brooklyn Heights locations offer dedicated “Doggie Decks” with water stations and ample room to roam. Bonus points for the drool-worthy brisket bones!
The Wilson: This hip Nolita eatery prides itself on its inclusivity, humans and canines alike. Their leafy courtyard is the perfect spot for a leisurely weekend brunch with your best bud (the four-legged kind, of course).
- Dog & Bone: This UK-inspired gastropub in Williamsburg throws open its charming beer garden to pups, offering ample shade and water bowls. Enjoy a pint and a plate of fish and chips while your furry friend socializes under the Brooklyn sun.
Patsy’s Pizza: Yes, you read that right! This legendary Brooklyn institution welcomes well-behaved pups on their outdoor patio. Share a slice (or two) of New York’s finest pizza with your furry shadow and experience a true city slice of life.
Fort Defiance: This Brooklyn Bridge Park gem boasts stunning waterfront views and a spacious, dog-friendly outdoor area. Grab a burger and a beer, soak up the sunset, and let Fido frolic with new furry friends.
Pro Tips for Paw-fect Patio Dining:
- Call ahead: Confirm dog-friendliness before heading out, especially during peak hours.
- Be responsible: Clean up after your pup, bring water bowls, and keep them leashed unless the patio is enclosed.
- Mind your manners: Not everyone loves dogs, so be respectful of other diners and their comfort levels.
With these tips and our guide, you’re ready to embark on a culinary adventure with your canine companion. So grab your leash, pick your patio paradise, and unleash the fun – NYC’s dog-friendly dining scene awaits!