Los Angeles, the City of Angels, beckons not just with sunshine and starry nights, but with a vibrant tapestry of flavors waiting to be savored. From Michelin-starred marvels to hidden gems buzzing with local love, the L.A. food scene is a kaleidoscope of culinary adventures. Whether you crave the delicate artistry of sushi or the hearty comfort of a slow-cooked brisket, this city has a restaurant that will tantalize your taste buds and leave you wanting more.
if you’re looking for some of the best food in Los Angeles, be sure to check out these highly-rated restaurants:
- Gwen: This stylish spot offers French cuisine with a California twist. The menu features seasonal ingredients and innovative dishes, like the roasted bone marrow with black truffle marmalade. Gwen has a 4.5 star rating on Google Maps and is sure to impress even the most discerning diners.
- Chi Spacca: This upscale Italian restaurant is a carnivore’s dream. The menu features meat-centric dishes like grilled steaks, chops, and sausages. The atmosphere is warm and inviting, with worn-wood tables and a rustic Tuscan vibe. Chi Spacca has a 4.7 star rating on Google Maps and is a great place to celebrate a special occasion.
- Bottega Louie: This lively spot is perfect for a casual meal or a weekend brunch. The menu features pizzas, pastas, small plates, and macarons. The atmosphere is bright and bustling, and the food is always delicious. Bottega Louie has a 4.5 star rating on Google Maps and is a great place to people-watch.
- Rossoblu: This restaurant is known for its handmade pastas and Bolognese-inspired menu. The portions are generous and the flavors are authentic. Rossoblu has a 4.5 star rating on Google Maps and is a great place to experience traditional Italian cuisine.
- Otium: This airy space next to The Broad museum is a great place to enjoy a pre- or post-museum meal. The menu features New American cuisine and cocktails. The food is seasonal and creative, and the views of the city are amazing. Otium has a 4.5 star rating on Google Maps and is a great spot for a special occasion.
 Bestia: Rustic Italian dishes with seasonal ingredients in a restored Art Deco space. This award-winning establishment boasts a 4.6-star rating on Google Maps and is known for its melt-in-your-mouth pastas and wood-fired pizzas.
 Manuela: Vibrant flavors of Mexico City come alive in this stylish space. Chef Margarita Manzke presents a menu of ceviches, tlayudas (large Oaxacan tortillas), and moles that will tantalize your taste buds. With a 4.6-star rating on Google Maps, Manuela is a must-try for anyone seeking a unique and delicious Mexican dining experience.
 Kismet: This modern Turkish restaurant helmed by Chef Mehmet Gürs offers a taste of Istanbul in L.A. From melt-in-your-mouth mezze platters to wood-grilled kebabs and fragrant stews, Kismet promises an unforgettable culinary journey. Boasting a 4.5-star rating on Google Maps, it’s no wonder this spot has become a local favorite.
 Sushi Nozawa: Experience the art of omakase (chef’s choice) at this intimate sushi bar. Chef Nozawa sources the freshest seasonal seafood and transforms it into exquisite nigiri and sashimi. With a near-perfect 4.9-star rating on Google Maps, Sushi Nozawa is a haven for sushi aficionados.
 Sqirl: This cozy breakfast and brunch spot is a must-visit for anyone with a sweet tooth. Their ricotta pancakes with seasonal fruit and house-made jams are legendary, and their savory dishes like eggs Benedict and breakfast burritos are equally satisfying. With a 4.6-star rating on Google Maps, Sqirl is always bustling, so be prepared for a wait.
 Gjelina: This Venice Beach hotspot oozes Californian cool with its breezy patio, seasonal menu, and farm-to-table ethos. Their wood-fired pizzas, roasted vegetables, and house-made pastas are guaranteed crowd-pleasers. And don’t forget to grab a slice of their famous almond cake for dessert! (4.6 stars on Google Maps)
 Destroyer: From the team behind Gjelina comes this intimate cocktail bar and restaurant hidden away in Culver City. Expect an ever-changing menu of creative small plates and innovative cocktails served in a dimly lit, speakeasy-like setting. (4.5 stars on Google Maps)
 Yamashiro: Experience a taste of old Hollywood glamour at this iconic mountaintop restaurant. Perched in the Hollywood Hills, Yamashiro offers stunning city views alongside traditional Japanese cuisine and sushi. It’s the perfect spot for a special occasion or a romantic night out. (4.2 stars on Google Maps)
 Birdie G’s: This Silver Lake newcomer blends Jewish and Midwestern influences to create a unique and comforting dining experience. Think latkes with applesauce, matzo ball soup, and roast chicken with all the trimmings. Their brunch menu is also a popular hit! (4.7 stars on Google Maps)
 Tacos 1986: No Los Angeles dining guide is complete without a taco recommendation! This casual spot in Koreatown serves up some of the best al pastor tacos in town, cooked on a traditional trompo for authentic flavor. Be prepared for a wait, but trust us, it’s worth it! (4.7 stars on Google Maps)
 Kismet by Feliz Lissoni: Craving vibrant Italian flavors with a Californian twist? Look no further than this Beverly Hills gem. Chef Lissoni masterfully blends seasonal ingredients to create innovative pastas, risottos, and wood-fired pizzas that will leave you wanting more. (4.6 stars on Google Maps)
 Hai Hai: This Chinatown hot spot brings an energetic atmosphere and innovative takes on dim sum. Think playful bao buns, creative dumplings, and sizzling hot plates that are perfect for sharing. Be prepared for a lively dining experience and come hungry! (4.7 stars on Google Maps)
 Night + Market Song: Chef Kris Yenbamrung brings the vibrant street food of Bangkok to L.A. with his modern take on Thai cuisine. From fiery curries to fragrant noodle dishes and skewered meats, every bite is an explosion of flavor. Be sure to try the Khao Soi, a creamy northern Thai curry that’s sure to become your new obsession. (4.6 stars on Google Maps)
 Jitlada: Don’t let the unassuming strip mall exterior fool you – Jitlada is a haven for authentic Thai cuisine. Their menu features regional specialties like boat noodles, Isaan sausage, and fiery papaya salad, all prepared with fresh ingredients and bursting with flavor. Come with an adventurous spirit and be prepared to discover your new favorite Thai spot. (4.7 stars on Google Maps)
This hand-picked selection just scratches the surface of L.A.’s culinary bounty. Whether you’re seeking contemporary fine dining, crave international flavors, or simply want a comforting classic, Los Angeles has a restaurant waiting to tantalize your taste buds. So, get out there, explore, and bon appétit!
Remember, when making your choice, consider your budget, the type of cuisine you’re interested in, and the atmosphere you’re looking for. With so many incredible options, you’re sure to find the perfect spot for your next L.A. food adventure.