New York City is a haven for foodies, and the vegan scene is no exception. Brunch lovers rejoice! There are countless plant-based restaurants offering delicious and creative dishes that will tantalize your taste buds and leave you feeling satisfied.
But with so many options, choosing the perfect spot can be overwhelming. To help you navigate the vibrant world of vegan brunch, we’ve curated a list of the top restaurants in NYC, each with its unique charm and culinary delights.
1. Urban Vegan Kitchen: Nestled in the heart of the West Village, Urban Vegan Kitchen offers an intimate and cozy setting. Their menu boasts organic, comfort-food classics with a vegan twist. From fluffy pancakes and savory scrambles to decadent mac and cheese and hearty breakfast burritos, there’s something for everyone. Don’t forget to try their signature mocktails for a refreshing twist!
2. The Butcher’s Daughter: This bright and airy all-day spot in Nolita is known for its fresh, seasonal ingredients and innovative plant-based cuisine. Brunch options range from sweet (vegan brioche French toast with caramelized bananas) to savory (black bean burger with avocado crema). The Butcher’s Daughter also boasts an extensive juice bar, perfect for a healthy start to your day.
3. Modern Love Brooklyn: This Brooklyn gem offers a delightful vegan brunch menu with globally inspired dishes. Indulge in their creamy cashew ricotta pancakes, savory mushroom and lentil galette, or their signature kimchi and tofu scramble. Modern Love Brooklyn is also known for its vibrant atmosphere and friendly staff, making it a perfect spot for catching up with friends.
4. Little Choc Apothecary: This Williamsburg favorite is a haven for gluten-free and vegan enthusiasts. Their menu features a variety of sweet and savory crepes, from the classic lemon and sugar to the more adventurous savory crepe filled with roasted vegetables and pesto. Little Choc Apothecary also offers a selection of house-made pastries and gluten-free baked goods, making it a sweet treat for any occasion.
5. Jajaja Mexicana: This playful Mexican joint in Williamsburg brings a vibrant and flavorful twist to vegan brunch. Dig into their signature chorizo tacos with cashew crema, huevos rancheros with tofu scramble, or the decadent churro waffle with chocolate sauce. Jajaja Mexicana is also known for its lively ambiance and extensive tequila and mezcal selection, making it a great spot for a festive brunch gathering.
Beyond the Brunch:
For a taste of something different, consider these additional gems:
Peacefood Cafe: This casual spot offers a wide variety of vegan comfort food classics, including pancakes, waffles, and omelets. They also have a delicious selection of smoothies and fresh-pressed juices.
Planta Queen: This upscale vegan restaurant in Midtown Manhattan offers a sophisticated and elegant brunch experience. Their creative and beautifully presented dishes are sure to impress even the most discerning palate.
Champs Diner: This classic diner in Williamsburg serves up a delicious and affordable vegan brunch every weekend. Indulge in their fluffy pancakes, savory breakfast burritos, or their signature “Notorious B.I.G. Burger” made with a plant-based patty.
Tips for Planning Your Vegan Brunch:
Reservations are highly recommended, especially for popular spots and weekend brunch.
Consider your dietary restrictions. Some restaurants offer gluten-free and nut-free options.
Check the dress code of the restaurant. Some are more casual, while others have a more upscale atmosphere.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. The staff is always happy to help you make the best choice for your dietary needs.
With its diverse culinary scene and abundance of vegan options, NYC is the perfect city to indulge in a delicious and satisfying brunch. So grab your friends, explore our recommendations, and discover the vibrant world of plant-based dining in the Big Apple!